- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
OCT (Optical Coherence Tomography)
The OCT is a non-invasive advanced technology imaging test that uses light waves to take a cross section image of your retina. This device can photograph each distinct layer of your retina. The OCT can also scan an image of your optic nerve, corneal thickness, anterior chamber angle, vault of scleral contact lenses and much more.
The OCT is very helpful in the diagnosis and management of many retinal disorders and diseases including: macular degeneration, macular holes, epiretinal membranes, posterior vitreous detachments, and glaucoma just to name a few.
Digital ocular photography is offered at Eye Care Professionals. Photos can be taken of any disease or pathology of the front of the eye and inside the eye on the retina. Many eye problems can develop without warning and with no symptoms or change in vision. With newer advances in technology and a thorough eye exam of the retina diseases such as macular degeneration, glaucoma, retinal tears and detachments, diabetes, and high blood pressure, can be detected.
Ocular Photograph provides:
- A photo to help detect presence of disease.
- A permanent record to follow diseases from year to year tracking minor changes
- Enables your doctor to make important comparisons if problems show up at a future exam.
- The opportunity for you to view and discuss the digital images of your eye with your doctor at the time of your exam.